We have been spending a lot of time over the last week going over various Peace Corps policies and participating in sessions on how to stay healthy here in Benin. In one group activity, we came up with the idea to have a gratitude journal, so on days when things aren't going so well, we can look back and remember some of the things we are thankful for. While I will be keeping my own list, I've decided to share some of the highlights with you on a weekly basis. So, here we go!
1. My host family is amazing, friendly and it was wonderful to come back home to them after a long day of training.
2. Cockroaches eventually die when they get flipped onto their backs. I realized this because the roach population in my latrine has slowly been dying off. Clearly they aren't the most intelligent creatures.
3. It's mango season and I can buy a huge, juicy mango for the equivalent of 40 cents (the currency here is the CFA at about 575 to the dollar).
4. There is a running shower and toilet in Lokossa at our training site. It's a luxury, even though it only works when there's electricity.
5. I have already made some amazing friends and can't wait to spend the next two years with these fabulous people!!
Selfies aren't as easy as you'd think when in the back row of a bus, driving down a pot-holed dirt road, and hitting your head on the roof when a tire explodes!
this was helful article ...great content ....thanxReplyDelete
Trade Stocks, Forex, And Bitcoin Anywhere In The World:exness login Is The Leading Provider Of Software That Allows You To Trade On Your Own Terms. Whether You Are Operating In The Forex, Stock, cgin Software And Anonymous Digital Wallet To Connect With The Financial World.: exness login Is A Currency Trading Company That Allows You To Trade Stocks, Forex, And Cryptocurrency.ReplyDelete